Buying a follower: Learn the advantages and disadvantages of this method and some alternatives to it.
Nowadays the use of social networks is a fundamental part of any digital marketing strategy. This medium has become an effective ally for business development, allowing a greater dissemination of your brand. However, it´s not enough just to create and manage an account, you must increase the audience to reach potential customers and partners.
While beginning in any enterprise it´s complicated to increase the number of followers; this requires time, dedication and creativity.
There are agencies that are dedicated to selling followers as a service offered to the social platforms/networks with the greatest impact, but there are several alternatives to achieve the same result.
Advantages of buying followers:
- If you are starting your company, you should implement a marketing strategy on social networks and it´s a good idea to invest in the purchase of followers to help out your branding initiatives at the beginning. Thus, the more followers your account or page has, the more likely your information will be shared and attract the attention of new customers or followers.
- If you want to become an influencer, you can benefit from getting followers, because it will make your account or channel start to stand out from the sea of content that currently exists. Over time, the sum of your purchased followers and the ones you’ve gained organically can turn you into an influencer.
- If you want to strengthen your brand online, you will also get benefits from this purchase. Numbers never lie: an account with 2 million followers will generate more interest than one with 2 thousand.
Disadvantages of buying too many followers:
- Resorting to this practice too frequently can cause the company to lose credibility in the eyes of Internet users and sooner or later all the online reputation achieved by the company will fall to the ground. You have to know that every day it is easier to detect bots and fake accounts, as they do not follow the brand in a natural way.
- Remember that it’s not all about buying and adding followers to your social networks, you have to do it correctly, an abnormal growth in the number of fans in an account will attract a lot of attention and not all of it will be positive, even more so if you have something to hide under the mat. In the long run, you could lose all your credibility and be blacklisted by companies and collaborators that have been potential partners or allies in your future projects, you would be sentencing your career in the Internet world.
- Nor should you forget that the fundamental principle of creating a profile or account for your brand is to make it known and attract the attention of future clients or followers. If you only invest in buying more and more followers, you will not create a genuine and close relationship with those who have decided to trust you and your products. The more transparent and authentic the process of obtaining followers is, the better.
This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t do it, this is your decision, the advice is that you should do it with measure, instead of buying 5 thousand followers, buy only 10% of that amount and earn the rest with your content. This way you will create an authentic audience that will be loyal to you and your brand. You can also add to your strategy some of the alternatives that I will mention below.
Some alternatives to this method:
In the world of digital marketing, there are many techniques that you can use to gain followers naturally.
- The first thing you should do is create authentic content, with good quality and attention-grabbing titles.
- You can use paid advertising, this technique is completely legitimate and no one will be able to point you out for using it. But first you must study which is the best and most feasible with each of the existing social networks.
- Count on influencers, this cooperation, paid or unpaid, will give you a significant and respectable amount of followers. Always research the reputation of the influencer you will collaborate with.
- Last but not least, you can resort to mutual promotion. Contact companies that pursue the same interests as yours and are willing to establish an exchange of mutual recommendations and links that will benefit the growth of followers naturally for both companies. On platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok, this type of association is often very common, both between companies and in influencers.