In order to achieve success, the first thing to do is to get out of your comfort zone. However, this often involves doing things we are not comfortable with in order to break your routine and overcome your fears.
It is not easy to learn how to get out of the comfort zone and take action to do so, because we feel fear, anxiety, doubts and trepidation.
But, once you start doing it you feel how your life changes and grows.
Successful people know that it is necessary to get out of their comfort zone and push themselves to break their limits and try new experiences in order to achieve their goals.
To get out of your comfort zone, you must be clear that you need to act differently to obtain different results. It’s normal to be a little scared, but escaping from your routine can be fun.
How to get out of the comfort zone easily:
Not that we are fortune tellers, but surely your thinking says: it is very easy to read it, but difficult to get out of this vicious circle of anxieties, routines and monotony.
To get out of the comfort zone you don’t have to make big changes, but rather it requires a bit of daring. You just have to try to make practical, simple, but risky ideas; these little by little get you out of your rut!
We have created a list of 27 tricks to get out of your comfort zone. While some are quite simple, there are others that require more effort and courage.
The goal is for you to have the courage to change your habits, to think out of context, to increase your mental power and to abandon the limits you have imposed on yourself.
Let’s get started:
1. Try new ways to earn money. A good option if you have a room available in your home, is to become an Airbnb host. This way you will be able to meet new people and also have an extra income.
2. If you usually bathe with lukewarm water, change the routine and take a cold shower. In this way you expose your body to physical stress and make it adapt to it.
3. Lose your fear and talk to 5 different people on the street.
4. Get up early. Wake up before your alarm goes off, go for a walk or take your bike for a ride.
5. If you have some things you no longer use, donate them, give them away or throw them away. This is a good practice to lead a minimalist lifestyle, plus you open the opportunity for new things.
6. Try changing your route to work, this will challenge your brain to new stimuli.
7. Cook a recipe you’ve never tried before.
8. Do a technological detox, turn off your cell phone and computer for 2 days. Start limiting the consumption of content and social networks.
9. Say yes to the next invitation you receive, or ask out someone you haven’t seen in a while. As stated in the book Surrender Experiment, surrender to life and the plan it has for you.
10. Seek to learn about something that you don’t like, or that you think is not useful to you, such as some words in another language. Break your knowledge routine and explore a new area.
11. Change the way you dress for a day, go out on the street wearing something that catches the attention of others. Stop following standards and follow your passion.
12. Take your cell phone and call someone you haven’t talked to in a while, surprise them!
13. Seek a new position in your job, or just change your chair. Think about other business ideas, for example, such as making money online.
14. Ask a stranger on the street what day it is, and when they answer, tell them that what you really want to know is what year it is. Note: This is completely weird and strange, but an effective way to overcome your fears. This is what getting out of the comfort zone is all about.
15. The next time you go to buy something, try to pay less, bargain for a discount or promotion. You will be able to save money and learn how to negotiate.
16. If you work from home, or if you spend all day at home, pack your lunch and spend the afternoon in a park, the idea is to get out of the place where you spend most of your time.
17. Seek to help a street person in any way you can, you can also donate something you no longer use to a foundation.
18. When you go out early, wish a good day to three strangers you meet while walking. It may sound weird, but you’re definitely going to step out of your comfort zone.
19. If you work online, try to change your work place, you can go to a café, a coworking, a park or a shopping mall where you see different people.
20. Lose your fear of exposure, the next time you attend an event and the director asks for a volunteer, offer yourself!
21. Give a talk or lecture as soon as you have the opportunity to overcome your fear of public speaking.
22. If you always order a drink at the bar, order an orange juice or iced tea. Leave the liquor for eight days and evaluate how you feel.
23. When going on vacation stay in a hostel and share a room. This may be a slightly uncomfortable situation, but you will be stepping out of your comfort zone.
24. If you are learning a new language, try speaking only in that language for a week. You can visit cafes in your city where foreign languages are practiced.
25. Go for a run. According to Neuroscience, this is the key to be smarter and have a better memory.
26. Look for a part-time job that you find strange and apply for it. You will be able to earn extra money and it will serve as a new source of income.
27.If you usually listen to music while riding the bus or subway, try reading a book.
Taking these actions to get out of the comfort zone is not easy at first; but once you start, you will see that the difficulties and impediments are in your mind and not in reality.